The Economic Development & Industrial Corporation of Boston d/b/a Boston Planning & Development Agency (the “EDIC”), is issuing an Invitation for Bids (“IFB”) entitled “Bulkhead Rehabilitation at the East Jetty ” for general construction services within the Raymond L. Flynn Marine Park, Boston, MA. The IFB is being issued in accordance with Massachusetts General Law c. 30, § 39M, as may be amended. The project number is EDIC NO. 1309 (hereinafter, the “Project”).
The lowest responsible and eligible bidder for this Project will enter into a contract with the EDIC to perform the scope of work as set forth in the provided bid documents, including addenda. The scope of work generally consists of:
- Repair and stabilization of approximately 465 linear feet of steel sheet pile bulkhead.
- Demolition of existing site bollards, bases; removal of utility poles, utility boxes and abandoned crane rails.
- Excavation of soil on the inshore side of the bulkhead to a depth of approximately 18 feet below grade and stockpile on-site for reuse.
- Placement of concrete (via tremie or another acceptable method) over crushed stone inside toe of sheet pile at low tide waterline.
- Construction of a reinforced concrete footing and 465-foot concrete wall inboard of sheet pile. The following two alternative methods of wall construction are described in construction drawings and specifications and will be permitted: 1) concrete cast-in-place, or 2) the use of precast concrete structural units.
- Backfilling of the new retaining wall with stockpiled excavate soil and new gravel fill.
- Installation of four (4) new mooring bollards with steel rods and concrete deadmen.
- Paving of all excavated areas.
- Installation of fencing and gates.