The Economic Development and Industrial Corporation of Boston, d/b/a Boston Planning & Development Agency (EDIC), is issuing an Invitation for Bid (“IFB”) entitled “Environmental Remediation at 339 Northern Avenue Boston, MA 02210” for environmental remediation work to be conducted within the Raymond L. Flynn Marine Park. The IFB is being issued in accordance with Massachusetts General Law c. 30, § 39M, as may be amended. The project number for this project is EDIC Project No. 1303A, (hereinafter the “Project”).
The lowest responsible and eligible bidder for this Project will enter into a contract with the EDIC to perform the scope of work as set forth in the provided bid documents, including addenda. The scope of work generally consists of:
- Removal, transporting and disposal of Polychlorinated Biphenyl and Petroleum Impacted Soils (PCB);
- Slab excavation, transporting and recycling of clean concrete;
- Clearing/grubbing and creating a temp parking area using crushed stone;
- Securing site with fencing and gates;
- Installation and maintenance of sediment/erosion controls;
- Installation of a temporary loading dock, dewatering treatment system and decontamination pad;
- Abatement, removal and disposal of smoke stack; and
- Provide materials and backfill of excavated areas with clean fill.