Alvah Kittredge House
Historic rehabilitation and demonstration project
The Alvah Kittredge house was built in 1838 by furniture maker Alvah Kittredge. In it's heyday, the mansion was considered a symbol of Boston's growth after the American Revolution, but over time the home was forgotten and began to deteriorate. In 2011, the home underwent a multi-million dollar renovation and was transformed into affordable living space for five families. This project was an Urban Renewal demonstration project and required an order of taking for it's effectuation. The BRA also approved a $150,000 grant award from the Inclusionary Development Program Fund (“IDP”) to support the construction of affordable housing as part of its development program.