Brigham and Women's Hospital
Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) is a 793-bed teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School located in the heart of Boston's renowned Longwood Medical Area. Along with its inpatient facilities, BWH offers extensive outpatient services and clinics, neighborhood primary care health centers, and research laboratories. Brigham and Women’s Hospital history dates back to 1832. BWH formed in 1980 with the merger of three of Boston's oldest Harvard teaching hospitals: the Peter Bent Brigham Hospital, the Robert Breck Brigham Hospital, and the Boston Hospital for Women. BWH is a founding member of Partners HealthCare System, the largest integrated health care delivery network in New England.
BWH filed its most recent Institutional Master Plan in 2010. The IMP included a number of facility improvements and campus improvements, including components of the Massachusetts Mental Health Center Redevelopment project, the construction of Brigham Green, and new parking facilities. A 2012 Ammendment to the IMP called for an additional 360,000 square foot hospital and laboratory building at 45 Avenue Louis Pasteur.
For more information from the BPDA, please contact Sonal Gandhi, Senior Policy Advisor, by email or by telephone at 617.918.4314.
For more information from Brigham and Women's Hospital, please contact the Real Estate & Facilities Department at 617.726.2461.